All of our doctors and nurses are able to provide contraceptive advice. If you would like to take the contraceptive pill, you will be required to see one of our doctors for your first appointment.
Please click here to view our protocol for the Contraceptive Pill check.
Other forms of contraception that we offer here at Salisbury Medical Practice include:
- Contraceptive injections (also known as Depo)
- Contraceptive implants
- Contraceptive coils (Mirena Coil or Copper Coil)
For Long Acting Reversible Contraception Advice, please click here:https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/how-effective-contraception/
Coil and Implant Appointments
If you are interested in having an implant or coil fitted, please don’t hesitate to talk to one of our doctors to discuss your options and receive advice. The process for receiving an appointment for coil and implant fitting or removal is as follows:
- Let one of our members of staff know that you are interested in having a coil/implant fitted or removed – please send us a request via askmyGP and you will be added to the waiting list
- You will be contacted when a consultation appointment becomes available – a consultation with one of our doctors who fit and remove coils/implants is necessary for these procedures in all instances
- After your consultation, you will be contacted again once an appointment becomes available for the coil/implant fitting or removal – please bear in mind that this appointment may need to be longer than an ordinary appointment, and you should expect to wait several weeks before hearing back from us, depending on current demand and availability
If you already have a coil or implant and would like it to be replaced, please contact us via askmyGP to arrange an appointment. In some instances the doctor may wish to see you beforehand, but consultations are not always required for a coil or implant replacement. Once you have requested a coil/implant replacement, you will be placed on our waiting list and contacted once an appointment becomes available.