COVID-19 Vaccine Update
TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS
We are all excited to hear that there is progress on a COVID-19 vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For information on the vaccine, please click here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The approval of the Oxford/Astra-Zeneca vaccine provides a major boost to our plans to offer protection to our patients.
- The new guidance from the JCVI on the period between doses also means that we will be to get the maximum benefit for the most people in the shortest possible time and will help save lives.
- The large increase in COVID-19 cases hospitals are seeing and the emergence of a new variant of the virus also shows that we cannot let our guard down now and even those who have received a vaccine still need to follow social distancing guidance.
- Please do not contact the surgery nor the hospital to seek a vaccine, we will contact you in the order that the NHS has instructed us to.
- Please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Thank you for your patience,
Salisbury Medical Practice
Updated 5th January 2021
Published: Jan 5, 2021